P.O. Box 693
New York, NY 10017
Founder and Director
052- 527-5284 (Phone)
Description of Organization:
The Halachic Organ Donor Society is a organ donation advocacy group in the Jewish Community. They work to educate Jews about the mitzvah of saving lives through organ donation.
HODS’ accomplishments are:
– Helped save hundreds of lives.
– Performed a Kiddush Hashem by changing perceptions about Jews regarding organ donation.
– Educated more than 37,500 people in more than 600 lectures.
– Recruited more than 200 rabbis to register and carry organ donor cards.
– Created dozens of rabbinic video testimonials, available at www.hods.org.
– Raised awareness of halachic support for organ donation by publishing more than 100 articles, editorials, and letters to the editor.
Bnai Mitzvah Projects or Volunteer Opportunities offered by the organization for children ages 11 - 13:
-5K race volunteering: help run the HODS’ annual 5K fundraising race.
-Year round internships (including summer) where interns can learn about non-profit management and fundraising while completing projects and daily tasks to advance the mission and operations of HODS.
Minimum Age to Volunteer:
Offer family volunteer opportunities?