Director of Development
Description of Organization:
Primary medical center for Northeastern Israel serving 500,000 men, women and children. Established in 1924 and today affiliated with the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine of the Technion Institute of Technology in Haifa. The 1st hospital in Israel to receive the JCI accreditation for the highest standards in patient safety and healthcare.
Bnai Mitzvah Projects or Volunteer Opportunities offered by the organization for children ages 11 - 13:
We invite young people of the Jewish communities throughout the United States to celebrate their milestones (Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, birthdays, graduations, birth of a sibling, holidays, etc) by donating $18 (or increments thereof) to Emek 4 Kids.
These modest donations will:
* Expose Jewish youth to the age-old principal of Tzedakah, or giving
* Bond American youth to their Israeli counterparts through an act of empathy, kindness and generosity
* Set American young people on a path of connecting with their brothers and sisters in Israel
* Allow EMC to acquire school supplies, DVD children’s movies, games, puzzles, books, computer games, music CD’s, televisions, portable DVD players (for bed-ridden kids), portable bedside tables and arts and crafts materials for the renowned Emek School for Hospitalized Children.
* Become our partners in saving lives and allow EMC to purchase medical equipment for caring of sick children
* Help children forget their illness through our special Medical Clown Therapy program known also as the Dream Doctors
Minimum Age to Volunteer:
11 - 13
Offer family volunteer opportunities?