Volunteering in Your Local Community: Virtual Mitzvah Opportunity #9
May 6, 2020, 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
Add to Outlook | Add to Google Calendar
Due to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic all in person programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice. We have developed a wide array of resources available at http://bit.ly/2wU5CTS and are now offering Daily Virtual Mitzvah Opportunities.
Each day will feature a particular theme that offers ideas that can be done virtually as well as suggestions that can be implemented in the future.
All of these programs are dedicated:
- In memory of those that have been lost to COVID-19. We feel for each and every family and may they be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
- For a quick and complete recovery for those currently battling COVID-19. We pray for you and your families.
- In honor of the heroes and first reponders, the medical staff, delivery workers and all those serving with distinction at this much challenging time to keep us safe. We thank you and acknowledge your courage, bravery, dedicate, commitment and sacrifice and when this is over we will never forget your leadership and personal example.
Today’s theme is: Volunteering in Your Local Community
These are the things that have no measure: Peah, Bikkurim, the appearance-sacrifice, acts of kindness (Mishnah Pe’ah 1:1).
- Contact the security team to offer to protect your synagogue.
- Volunteer at a local non-profit organization.
- Volunteer to use your time, treasure and talents to lead a class and/or run a program.
- Check up on those in need.
- Offer to shop for those in need.
Into the future:
- Volunteer to visit and cheer up children in a local hospital.
- Organize a yard sale and donate the proceeds to a local charity.
- Volunteer to pack food packages for those in need at a local food bank or pantry.
- There are tons of local non-profits in your community. Contact one of them to offer your time and service.
If you have more ideas for this theme and/or ideas for future days please let us know by e-mailing your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.