Share in Others Smachot: Virtual Mitzvah Opportunity #11
May 10, 2020, 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
Add to Outlook | Add to Google Calendar
Due to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic all in person programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice. We have developed a wide array of resources available at http://bit.ly/2wU5CTS and are now offering Daily Virtual Mitzvah Opportunities.
Each day will feature a particular theme that offers ideas that can be done virtually as well as suggestions that can be implemented in the future.
All of these programs are dedicated:
- In memory of those that have been lost to COVID-19. We feel for each and every family and may they be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
- For a quick and complete recovery for those currently battling COVID-19. We pray for you and your families.
- In honor of the heroes and first reponders, the medical staff, delivery workers and all those serving with distinction at this much challenging time to keep us safe. We thank you and acknowledge your courage, bravery, dedicate, commitment and sacrifice and when this is over we will never forget your leadership and personal example.
Today’s theme is: Share in Others Smachot
These are the things that have no measure: Peah, Bikurim, the appearance-sacrifice, acts of kindness (Mishnah Pe’ah 1:1).
- Participate in a friend’s wedding on Facebook live.
- Prepare a surprise video for a friend’s birthday by collecting a series of videos from friends and family. Send it to your friend on their birthday.
- Prepare a special dance or speech for a family member or friend’s simcha.
- Offer guidance and support to family and friends who are planning smachot.
- Attend a Zoom Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
- To celebrate a birthday, Bar or Bat Mitzvah, wedding or other joyous occasion organize cars to drive by the celebrant’s home all at the same time with music and to spread job and good vibes.
Into the future:
- Offer to host a Sheva Brachot for a family member or friend.
- Make a donation to a charity of their choice in honor of a family member or friend’s special occasion.
- Organize a road trip to attend a family member or friend’s wedding.
- Volunteer to take photos at your friends’ smachot.
- offer to host out of town guests.
If you have more ideas for this theme and/or ideas for future days please let us know by e-mailing your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.