Kindness to Animals: Virtual Mitzvah Opportunity #6
May 3, 2020, 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
Add to Outlook | Add to Google Calendar
Due to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic all in person programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice. We have developed a wide array of resources available at http://bit.ly/2wU5CTS and are now offering Daily Virtual Mitzvah Opportunities.
Each day will feature a particular theme that offers ideas that can be done virtually as well as suggestions that can be implemented in the future.
All of these programs are dedicated:
- In memory of those that have been lost to COVID-19. We feel for each and every family and may they be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
- For a quick and complete recovery for those currently battling COVID-19. We pray for you and your families.
- In honor of the heroes and first reponders, the medical staff, delivery workers and all those serving with distinction at this much challenging time to keep us safe. We thank you and acknowledge your courage, bravery, dedicate, commitment and sacrifice and when this is over we will never forget your leadership and personal example.
Today’s theme is: Kindness to Animals
And you shall be holy people to Me, and flesh torn in the field you shall not eat; you shall throw it to the dogs (Exodus 22:30).
- Contact your local animal shelter and ask what you can do to help them.
- Make toys to give to rescue animals in shelters.
- Volunteer to walk a friend or neighbor’s dog.
- Leave a bowl of water outdoors for animals.
- Offer to babysit and take care of animals of those unable to do so at this time.
- Research adopting an animal.
- Raise money for a local animal shelter.
Into the future:
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
- Buy products which are not tested on animals.
- Offer to look after your neighbor’s pet when they go out of town.
- Report animal neglect and abuse.
If you have more ideas for this theme and/or ideas for future days please let us know by e-mailing your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.