October 21, 2013, 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Young Israel of New Rochelle
1149 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY
Sunday, June 2, 2013
In partnership with the Young Israel of New Rochelle Areyvut’s Mitzvah Clown Program is coming to Westchester, NY! Join over 215 people who have already become Mitzvah Clowns, in an effort to bring joy, laughter and smiles to those in need of them. This program is geared for students 6th grade and up, teens and adults to learn about the mitzvah of Kavod HaBriyot (human dignity) and Bikkur Cholim (visiting the sick) while at the same time teaching them Mitzvah Clowning skills to enhance their friendly visits. Participants in the program will learn how to interact with senior citizens, children with special needs and others in need of healing and a friendly visit. The program will include a training session during which each participant will receive a clown kit, costume, balloons and balloon pump that will be theirs to keep.
At the initial session the participants will learn how to apply clown make-up, create balloon animals and undergo role play exercises to better prepare them for their friendly visit. After the initial session, these newest Mitzvah Clowns will visit a local senior center in Westchester. Each month, following the initial training and friendly visit, the Mitzvah Clowns will go on site visits to local senior centers and other facilities.
The cost to participate in this program is $250. This fee includes a clown kit, costume, supplies for the site visits and covers Areyvut’s operational costs of the program. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Registration is required.
Information for Initial Training
Date: Sunday, October 21st
Time: 8:00am – 12:30pm
Training Location: Young Israel of New Rochelle
1149 North Avenue, New Rochelle, NY 10804
Site Visit Location: United Hebrew
391 Pelham Road, New Rochelle, New York 10805
* October 21- initial training- participants must attend this session to participate in the program- 8:00 AM-12:30 PM
* November 13- 7:00-8:00 PM at Schnurmacher Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing
*December 13- 6:00-7:00 PM for Bronx Jewish Community Council at
Conservative Synagogue Adath Israel of Riverdale
* January 21- 10:00-11:00 AM at Hebrew Home of Riverdale
* February 10- 9:45-10:45 AM for the PJ Library at the Riverdale Y
* February 12- 6:00-7:00 PM at United Hebrew
* March 6- 6:30-7:30 PM at Schnurmacher Center For Rehab and Nursing
* March 29- 3:00-4:00 with Met Council for families impacted by Hurricane Sandy
* April 14- 3:30-4:15 PM with the Friendship Circle at the Hebrew Institute of White Plains
* April 28- 2:30-4:00 PM for Israel @ 65 Event at Westchester Day School
* May 6- 6:00-7:00 PM at Schnurmacher Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing
* June 2- Celebrate Israel Parade- Time to be determined
Please note: The dates listed above are only tentative. Confirmed dates and locations will be distributed at the initial training.
Areyvut would like to acknowledge and thank the Young Israel of New Rochelle for their partnership, help and support.
Participation in the program will involve transportation by private vehicle to the site visitation location from the synagogue. By registering you authorize your participation in this program and to ride in a vehicle.
No refunds will be given after the initial training.
By participating in this program you give permission to Areyvut to post pictures of the Mitzvah Clown Program on the Areyvut website and to use pictures of you Mitzvah Clowning for PR purposes.
For more information about this program or any other Areyvut Mitzvah Clown program, please contact an Areyvut representative at (201) 244-6702 or email@example.com.