Posted on April 2, 2014
Now that spring has spring officially…we hope…please no more snow!…Areyvut would love to pass along a brief list of some chesed ideas especially for this beautiful season:
1. Clean up a local park so it’s ready for us
2. Help your parent or spouse plant a garden that beautifies the area and is good the environment
3. If your basement floods…help clean it up!!
4. Have a lemonade stand and donate the proceeds to a charity
5. While doing your spring cleaning, donate all unwanted, gently used items to the needy
6. If you throw out food in preparation for Passover, donate it instead
7. Make sure to recycle all containers properly- tikkun olam at its best
8. Make a donation to an organization that gives camp scholarships to those in need
9. Thank your teacher for all they have taught you this year
10. Volunteer outdoors with Areyvut!
If you have any more ideas that you’d like us to add to this list, please let us know and don’t forget to post pictures and information about your acts of chesed to inspire others.
For more information about Areyvut, or to find an Areyvut program near you, check out: www.areyvut.org, or call the office at (201)-244-6702.