Posted on February 25, 2014
The Harvard Business Review listed statements to help any company or organization see where they are as a force to be reckoned with. “The first three statements below should give your team an indication of what it needs to do to make you company a game-changer. The remaining statements should allow it to gauge to what extent your company’s talent policies and practices are working in support of that objective.
1) My company places “purpose” at the heart of its business model.
2) My company has a high-performance culture.
3) Leaders in my company follow well-understood guiding principles.
4) Our people policies help drive our business strategy.
5) Our talent management practices are highly effective.
6) Our leaders are completely committed to excellence in talent management.
7) Our leaders are deeply engaged in and accountable for spotting, tracking, coaching, and developing the next generation of leaders.
8) Our talent practices are strategically oriented, but they also put a premium on operational efficiency.
9) Our talent practices engender a strong sense of collective purpose and pride yet work very well for my career as an individual.
10) Our talent practices strike the right balance between global scale and local responsiveness.
11) My company has a long-standing commitment to people development, but we are very open to changing our policies when circumstances dictate.