Posted on February 5, 2013
I am writing to inform you that we are launching a new Mitzvah Clown core group in your area this Sunday, February 10 and to encourage you to inform your friends, family and colleagues. A few things to note:
- People often think that Mitzvah Clowning is only for kids and students but that is not the case. Parents can do it with their children or on their own, senior citizens can participate and the program is open to anyone 6th grade and up.
- The program is open to all!
- We do not care if you identify as Chabad, Charedi, Chavurah, Conservative, Orthodox, Reform, secular or unaffiliated. Mitzvah Clowning is for everyone and their mother, literally.
- The $150 fee is a onetime fee! The fee covers a clown kit, clown outfit, program coordinator, all supplies for the monthly site visits and covers Areyvut’s operational costs of the program.
- Participant’s can continue next year without paying a fee although they are always welcome to support Areyvut.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. All sponsorships are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Money should not be a barrier to participation. If the fee presents a problem for you please let me know and we I will make sure you are able to join in the fun. I can be reached at 201-244-6702 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- We will be accepting walk-ins next Sunday but prefer if people register in advance.
- Participants in the program will learn how to interact with senior citizens, children with special needs and others in need of healing and a friendly visit.
- The program will include a training session during which each participant will receive a clown kit, costume, balloons and balloon pump that will be theirs to keep. At the initial session on Sunday, the participants will learn how to apply clown make-up, create balloon animals and undergo role play exercises to better prepare them for their friendly visit.
- After the initial session, these newest Mitzvah Clowns will visit residents at Lester Senior Housing.
- Each month, following the initial training and friendly visit, the Mitzvah Clowns will go on site visits to local senior centers and other facilities.
- We are happy to provide letters for service hours.
- The more people that participate the better it is for the agencies, the participants and the community.
- Areyvut would like to acknowledge and thank the Lester Senior Housing Community for their partnership, help and support.
- We appreciate The Partnership for Jewish Learning and Life help in highlighting this unique and powerful program.
- No refunds will be given after the initial training.
By participating in this program, participants give Areyvut permission to post pictures of the Mitzvah Clown Program on the Areyvut website and to use pictures of you Mitzvah Clowning for PR purposes.
- The dates and times of the remaining site visits are tentative.
Please share this with your networks.