The 10 Commandments: A Child Friendly Version
Posted on June 7, 2011
In preparation for Shavuot I recently read No Rules For Michael to my children. We received the book from The PJ Library which is a project of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation that provides thousands of free books to Jewish children throughout the country. In the back of the book it provides a child friendly version of the Esseret HaDibrot or 10 Commandments. I want to share their child friendly version as we spend the next few days eating cheesecake, recommitting ourselves to Torah and instilling Jewish values with our families.
- There is only one God.
- God is so amazing that no one can draw a picture or make anything that looks like God.
- God’s name is very special and should be said with great care.
- Shabbat is the most special day of the week- a day to rest and enjoy the world around us.
- Honor and listen to your parents.
- Life is precious. Do not hit or hurt anyone.
- Married people should respect each other.
- Do not take anything that doesn’t belong to you.
- Always tell the truth. Do not tell lies.
- Be happy with what you have. Don’t be jealous of other people or what they have.