Looking for a Few Good Men & Women
Posted on May 25, 2011
Are you passionate about Jewish education? Do you want to ensure that the core Jewish values of chesed, tzedakah and tikkun olam are central to students educational experience? Are you looking for a way to make a difference and impact the Jewish and broader community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions or know a friend, colleague or relative who would keep on reading.
Areyvut is looking to add new people to our board. Currently we have a small board of four wonderful people that meets five times a year. We want to add a few more people and are looking for people who:
- Are pumped about the work we do.
- Understand what being on a board is all about.
- Want to collaborate with the professional staff to move Areyvut forward, impact and serve the community.
- Can attend programs to see our work in action.
- Share their expertise and talent.
- Use their connections to actively engage people in Areyvut’s work.
- Will make a “meaningful” gift to support the organization and will solicit others as well plan and attend events.
Let me tell you a bit about the current board and the expectations of board members.
- Areyvut is pluralistic and works with all the denominations and movements. Therefore, we have a diverse board and seek board members who are Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, unaffiliated and just Jewish.
- In the past Areyvut has had board members in their 20’s through 60’s. The current board is comprised of four people in their 40’s (at next weeks meeting we hope to welcome a new member under 30 to the board!) and we are open to anyone regardless of age who is excited about our work and willing to share their knowledge, experience and partner with us to improve our current infrastructure.
- We generally meet in the evenings five times a year from 7:00-8:30 and expect for board members to attend the meetings and to play an active role in between meetings.
- We are not looking to add specific categories of professions to the board such as doctor, lawyer, accountant, educator but, rather we want committed, passionate and talented people regardless of their title looking to give back.
- We want board members to see the import and impact of Areyvut’s programs firsthand. So we invite them to all of our programs and would like them to attend at least two programs a year.
- A passion and commitment to Areyvut’s mission and vision is essential.
So if you think chesed, tzedakah and tikkun olam are core Jewish values and want to play an active role in bringing that message and programs to schools, synagogues, JCC’s, camp and other agencies please consider joining us.
Please let me know if you have any questions and pass this along to anyone you think may find this of interest.
If joining the board is not your thing that is fine and please keep in mind that we also welcome people to help plan events, bring Areyvut to their school, synagogue and/or community for programs and to help spread the word about the important work we do.